Latest Post

Celebrity Singer, Gloria Doyle stages surprise birthday for daughter, Princess Ify Why FG sacked FAAN MD Why my son, Mendes joined Barcelona- Ronaldinho Nigerian singer, Tems wins first Grammy award Пин Ап Казино Pin-up Официальный Сайт️ Играть Онлайн, Вход И Бону
Spread the love

Mrs Florence Ajimobi, widow of the late Governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, has shared her experience so far after the demise of her husband.

Chief Mrs Florence Ajimobi said her husbands’ death made her stop praying to God and that one year after, she still sits by his tomb to take morning coffee anytime she is in Ibadan, the family house.

The widow made this known in a tribute she wrote to mark one year anniversary of the passage of her husband which held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan on Friday.

She said, “I won’t lie that it has been easy to ‘move on’, as a lot of people have advised or would expect. He is the love of my life, moving on won’t be a walk in the park for me, but I am willing to take things one day at a time.

“ When I visit our home in Ibadan, it has become a routine for me to sit by his tomb and take my early morning coffee. The fact that I know he is there with me makes me happy and I plan to relish these moments.”

Ajimobi died on June 25, 2020 at a Lagos hospital and was buried June 28, 2020 at the family’s Ibadan home.
Revealing that it was painful that both of them never discussed death in their over 40 years as a couple, the former first lady said they both tested positive for coronavirus on May 20, 2020.

Recalling the great moments they had together, Mrs. Ajimobi said, “ When my heartthrob, Biola, and I decided in 1980 that we were ready to get married after a very short friendship of six months, I was very excited.

“Believe me, we had the best relationship anyone could have asked God for in the 40 years that we were together.

“Unfortunately, loss, heartbreak and death are no respecter of persons. We watch dreams die, see people leave, lose their careers and even lose their loved ones but we never really know how it feels until we experience it ourselves”.

On the 20th of May, 2020, Biola and I tested positive with COVID-19 and we started our isolation at our Ikoyi home together, taking our medications and doing all we were advised to do by the doctor.

“On the 26th of May, we both went to bed together but early in the morning of the 27th, I had to rush him to the First Cardiology Consultant Hospital, in Ikoyi.

“You cannot even imagine my confusion because this husband of mine had never fallen this ill in our 40 years of marriage. Anyways, he got admitted and it became the beginning of my journey without him around me.

“Oh! I prayed like I had never done in my entire life. I must at this point commend my children and their friends who prayed tirelessly during this period. It was a period filled with fear and hope for me.

“I believed God was going to answer my prayers and bring my husband back home, but alas, on Thursday, 25th June, 2020, loss came knocking on my door and my world stopped when I was told my other half had left me to be with our Maker.

“I ran out of the house and headed straight to the hospital with a glimmer of hope for a miracle. When I saw my beloved husband on the bed, my heart was shattered.

“It dawned on me that my world had actually come to an end as my own best friend and the one who gave me strength was dead. I just could not take it in. How? Why? These were questions I asked every minute but none could answer me, no one could help me, it seemed like I was going crazy.

“I was filled with so much sadness and pain that I went to bed every night praying not wake up in the morning. When I woke up next morning I asked myself, ‘you are up again?’ Then finally, the mandatory Islamic mourning period came to an end.

“My fear after the mourning period became how to start going out to face people, still carrying my load of shame and failure.

“My Biola was unique. Talking about him makes me happy and thinking about him gives my heart joy. To be honest, it is the only thing that has made me smile lately, besides my wonderful children, of course.

“After a while, I felt some sort of relief or so I thought until we had to celebrate the first ILEYA (an elaborate Islamic celebration) without him. ILEYA was normally a big celebration for us as a couple and family. I was hoping I’d wake up from the dream of him being dead and he would ask me for his new outfit for the celebration.

“It was not a dream. He was really gone and we had to celebrate without him. It did not feel the same. It would never feel the same without him. I cried bitterly on that day and went to his tomb asking him amidst tears why he left me?

“You know, there’s really no timeline for how long grief and pain last. One really does not know how or when he or she will find closure. I will be honest with you, I still feel like I am in a rollercoaster.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *